Monday, March 26, 2007

The Iranian Family



The Iranian Family

Throughout my stay in Iran, I was very indebted to this Iranian family. After the conversation with her, I asked her whether I could learn the Iranian language, FARSI, through her and she turned around asking her father for permission, which the father agreed but the only way, was to visit their family in town, which I later learned was very effective.
Two days later, I visited the Iranian family and there I started to learn their language and also the Iranian culture, The fast speed that I learned Farsi was due to the mother who was always speaking to me and her brother, Kolam translating to me on words that she said and making sure my pronunciation was correct.
Within a month, I managed to speak simple words like borhall borhall ( means to eat) sopberkel ( means morning), biar (come) etc. this helped me to start my conversation with my Iranian workers. Even my Project manager was very surprised the speed that I learned Farsi. I did not tell him that the Iranian family taught me but later.
Other than teaching, this family also look at my welfare when I was there. One day when I half way through the project, the Eldest brother came to the camp and informed me there was a rumor that the workers were be going on strike! and that night I dropped by his house and they recommended some methods for me to overcome their demand.Nothing serious, through his help I was able to overcome the problem.
Well, time passed very fast and after completing this project, I left Iran. During working there, I would return home every 6 months for my R&R ( Rest and Recreation: term use when on leave if you are working in a foreign company) Before leaving Iran, I gave them my Sony ICF radio,my travelling bag and etc. They have written to me a letter but I could not reply for there was no address behind. I am very very sorry to have lost all addresses during my trip back. I would like to say that without this Iranian Family ,I could not have made it through in Iran. I will miss the Iranian food that the mother cooks..

No comments:

Post a Comment