The Kok Mak's pier
Just completed uploading my new blog during our breakfast
Last breakfast with this hotel.
Some of the people we met on this trip .
A Denmark couple with their Mij
Playful Mij posting for my camera shot
Ma poew, french bull dog standing beside
my wife to send her off
Are you going too? Where are your luggages?
Bye ,bye .
On our trip out to Laem Ngob , we met the owner off Koh Mak Resort ,an old gracefully lady of 61 years with her only daughter . She told us that there are almost 300 people residing on this island and she was born here...
There are no bank ,ATM on this island . Surprising they have Internet services.
The speed boat that took us to and fro from Koh Mak and Laem Ngob
1. Penang to Hatyai. Rm 35/ way/ person
2. Hatyai to airport : Baht 300 / taxi ( could be cheaper if you know where the taxi stand is
3. Flight, Air Asia , Rm 450 / pax plus tax & flight insurance .
4. Flight , Bangkok Air, Rm 280/ person / trip
5. Taxi from Trat airport to Trat town Baht 500/ per pax/ trip
6. Pickup from Trat town to Laem Ngob pier Rm 100/ pax
7. Speed boat to Koh Mak: Baht 450/pax/ per trip
8. Mini van to Bangkok : Baht 300/ pax / trip
9. Spare some money for rental of motorcycle: Baht 80/ hours or
Baht 350 / day
10. 4 islands snorkeling: Baht 750/ pax including lunch and gear.
( not include diving )
11. Our room: Baht 1750/ room ( air con including breakfast .
Booking through Internet
Speed for traveling
Flight Bkk to Trat : 45 minutes in the air .
Speed boat : approx. 50 minutes .Laem Ngob's pier ( mainland to Koh Mak's pier( Koh Mak island
Minivan to Bangkok : 4 and a half hours
Overall, saving on air tickets could be achieve if booking was done very early .
Very beautiful island and transfer in the island could be a problem ,so rental of motorcycle is compulsory.
Traveling to reach here is takes many hours.
Water clarity. Very good and less sea bug
As compare to other islands that we have visited, every islands
have their unique beauty
The mini van arrived in Bangkok at 3.30 pm. During the way, we passed Chantaburi , kleang etc and upon arrival at Victory monument , I showed my wife on how to take a sky train to our hotel due to the traffic jam, Total Baht 6/ trip for both .
Traveling time traveled from Koh Mak island to Pratunam hotel in BKK was 7 hours .
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad 2